The kitchen is a central hub of a home, where cooking, entertaining, and hanging out take place. When designing a kitchen, you want to make sure to create a comfortable, inviting, and functional space that matches your vision. A large part of that is selecting the right cabinets. There are limitless options to selecting the cabinets that are perfect for your space, such as choosing the right style, color, and material. One thing that is important not to overlook is kitchen cabinet hardware. Cabinet knobs, pulls and hinges are important accent pieces that add to the overall look and feel of your kitchen, and can be practical as well as beautiful.
Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Options
Knobs & Pulls
Knobs and pulls for kitchen cabinets come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and styles. There are a few key points to keep in mind when deciding on this hardware:
- Style. You want to pick hardware that matches the style of your cabinets. For example, if you have modern cabinets, you may want hardware with straight lines and hard edges. For more traditional cabinets, vintage style curved hardware with softer edges.
- Finish. You can choose a finish that matches your cabinet color as well as your faucet and other fixtures.
- Comfort. You’ll be opening your kitchen cabinets every day, so make sure it feels comfortable to open them. See it they fit your hand and make sure they do not have any pointed edges.
- Cost. It is easy to overlook kitchen cabinet hardware when putting together your budget, but it is important to factor in this cost and pick hardware that fits your spending plan without sacrificing the look of your kitchen.
There is no set rule for using knobs versus pulls in your kitchen. Some people prefer to use knobs for doors and pulls for drawers. The important thing is to pick whatever option makes accessing your cabinets easy and comfortable.
There are two main approaches to kitchen cabinet hinges:
- Decorative hinges can provide an additional accent piece to your cabinet doors, and can come in a variety of styles, finishes, and materials.
- Concealed hinges are invisible from the outside and purely functional, putting the focus on your cabinets themselves.
An increasingly popular choice for kitchen cabinets are soft-close hinges, which are designed to prevent cabinet doors from slamming shut. This is a perfect choice for a busy kitchen.
Visit Our Kitchen Showroom
The best way to decide what kitchen cabinet hardware option is best for you is to try it out in person. At our kitchen showroom in Bridgewater, NJ, Somerville Home Center has one of the area’s largest selection of kitchen cabinet displays. Our kitchen design experts are on hand to offer advice on choosing kitchen cabinet hardware that is an attractive, functional, and comfortable fit for your kitchen. We offer a wide variety of hardware options from each of our top-quality featured product lines: